14 May 2009

Go West, Young Man!

It's been awhile. I know. You feel neglected, uncared-for, desperate for attention and cuddles. It's okay. I'm going to try to post more often.

At present, Steve and I are in Pennsylvania visiting our various family and friends. This is lovely, although we're ready for the next thing. The next thing is Seattle.

My friend Cassidy is moving to Seattle for his work, and he found a gorgeous, six-bedroom house for cheap just north of the city. We're moving out there right after Memorial Day weekend. A lot of people have asked what on earth we want to move to the other side of the country for; the answers are simple.

1. Neither of us has lived out West before. We'd really like to investigate this whole left coast thing and see what it's all about.

2. Seattle is a town well-stocked with stuff we're interested in doing. There's a large Gnostic temple, a ton of BDSM groups, lots of art museums and other museums (I am a museum addict), a place called the Center for Sex Positive Culture, a huge lesbian/queer population, loads of camping and hiking, the sea, and a lot of potential for really cool jobs.

3. We were planning to go there anyway when we ended up in New Orleans.

4. I know it's going to be fantastic.

So it makes perfect sense for us to go out there. My mum is advocating more conservative choices, but hell, that's just not who I am. So expect some gearing-up-for-Seattle posts, possibly a couple of holy-crap-we're-on-the-road posts, and then a bunch of I-found-a-cool-new-thing-here, settling-in sort of posts. As always, it'll be an adventure. Watch this space.

1 comment: